I’ve seen more than a few comments about Masafumi Nishida, the screenwriter and co-creator of Tiger & Bunny in the lines of “no one knows who this guy is”. True enough, if you just look at anime sites you won’t find anything on him. Tiger & Bunny is the first anime he’s worked on but he’s far from rookie.
Disclaimer: Translations from Japanese sources are by me. I’m far from a pro, so if you spot any errors please don’t hesitate to comment so I can fix them.
Masafumi NISHIDA (西田征史) born May 22, 1975 in Tokyo is a screenwriter, actor and director. He’s a graduate of Gakushuin University law school. He was part of a Horipro Inc. comedy duo from 1995 to 1999, and after that he has worked on numerous movie, TV drama and stage productions.
- Shinuka to Omotta (screenplay, episode 7)
- Sento no Musume!? (actor)
- Loss Time Life (actor)
- Maou (screenplay)
- Mama-san Volley de Tsukamaete (screenplay, director)
- Kaibutsu-kun (screenplay)
- Tiger & Bunny (screenplay, co-creator)
- Kikikomi (screenplay, director)
- Yuu-kyan Shikaku Movie (screenplay)
- Gachi Boy (screenplay, actor)
- Oppai Volley (screenplay collaboration)
- Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (screenplay)
- Oniichan no Hanabi (screenplay)
- Afro Tanaka (screenplay)
- Dorobo Yakusha (script)
- Ame no Hi no Mori no Naka (script)
He has also acted in a number of stage plays, and appeared in some educational programs on NHK. He wrote the novelization of Gachi Boy.
He has a blog which can be found here (in Japanese).