Book is out today (and mine still hasn’t shipped, woe). My comments in [brackets]. I’ll be updating more stuff to this list as it pops up on /a/. Thanks to translatorbros for translating.
Take all this with a grain of salt, people are posting these spoilers on 2ch so some might turn inaccurate since original → interpretation of whoever’s posting the information → translator’s interpretation.
- There’s Kotetsu’s fried rice recipe in the book.
- First crushes:
- Kotetsu’s first love was reciprocated (probably Tomoe since he doesn’t seem to have had interest in anyone else).
- Barnaby’s first crush was a girl at the Hero Academy. He knew that it was one-sided and he never confessed. [Japanese wording confirmed, it was a girl (女性).]
- Keith’s first crush was a high-school student that he passed by when he was at the second year of junior-high. He was taken at the first sight, but she didn’t even talk to him.
- Ivan’s first love was a foreign pen pal.
- Karina’s first crush was her kindergarten teacher.
- Antonio’s first crush was the girl sitting next to him in elementary school.
- Nathan’s first crush was his home tutor.
- Pao-Lin doesn’t really know about first loves.
- [Fixed some wordings and added Pao-Lin since I got a look at the questions pages.]
- Kotetsu is recently into ironing. [最近のマイブームはアイロンがけ]
- Among other things, Kotetsu was very troubled that with his power loss he will become a burden for Barnaby.
- Kotetsu gets often scolded by Barnaby for not reading instructions (“Read them yourself, will you.”)
- Barnaby likes to wear his favourite clothes for years.
- Barnaby’s favourite foods are beef stroganoff and cabbage rolls.
- Barnaby’s been wearing his current jacket for five years. He’s also been wearing the belt for a long time. He likes clothes with a lot of buttons.
- Barnaby’s cologne has an ocean scent.
- Barnaby is currently into scents and aromas. [(今はお香に凝っている。) Aromatherapy? There have been mentions of scented candles and incence, so I'm not sure what exactly this means.]
- Barnaby keeps Kotetsu’s sash in his company locker as a good luck charm.
- Barnaby’s eyesight is bad: 0.03. [This seems to be on vision acuity scale. It was on /a/ that this is around -7.6 dioptres. (I wear glasses but I have no understanding about how the lenses are measured - hope these numbers make sense.)]
- There is more Barnaby shown in their coverage than Kotetsu.
- Barnaby tends to teach Kotetsu all sorts of things, including the functions of their suits.
- Karina is really into karaoke these days.
- Keith has had John for three years and he considers the dog his soulmate.
- Sky High’s media pressures also included photoshoots and appearing as a guest on TV shows.
- Antonio’s hobby is sewing. (裁縫) [Ok this made me lol.]
- Antonio is scolded every day.
- Ivan is into Japanese archery recently.
- He wears boxers for underwear, and has a fundoshi but doesn’t wear it(?).
- He takes a bath at 21:00.
- Origami Cyclone has a column (like a column in a magazine/newspaper). [I guess this might also refer to his blog? Not sure without the original.]
- Pao-Lin’s frilly pajamas were given to her by her mother.
- Pao-Lin often does stuff with Natasha (her manager).
- Nathan is recently into hula hoops.
- Nathan likes Antonio’s ass more than his face.
- Nathan shaves his moustache at 8am and 11:30pm.
- About sleeping:
- Kotetsu owns pajamas but falls asleep in whatever he’s wearing
- Barnaby in his underwear
- Karina in T-shirt and shorts
- Antonio in his underpants
- Keith in jersey and sweatshirt
- Pao-Lin in frilly pajamas [surprising with how tomboy she is]
- Ivan in yukata
- Nathan says it’s a secret [we know you sleep naked, Neesan!]
- Other stuff:
- Ben assumed an executive. [Not sure what this means, did he assume an executive position at Apollon?]
- Barnaby and Fire Emblem have a shower when they wake up in the morning.
- When Kotetsu, Dragon Kid and the Mayor’s son (Sam) stayed over at Barnaby’s place, they had a bath in this order: Barnaby → Dragon Kid + Sam → Kotetsu.
- When Sam was kidnapped Sky High was participating in a quiz show, Origami was visiting a nursing home, and Antonio was sleeping at some public performance. [This could be a typo about Antonio, sounds really weird.]
- Maverick expected/anticipated the Jake incident in its full extent. [Totally not surprised, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed he was behind it somehow.]
- T&B got paired because Maverick thought Kotetsu will be easy to handle, the whole “make Barnaby look better” was an additional bonus.
- In episode 23, there was a quiet brief sound after Kotetsu closed his eyes and waited for Barnaby to strike. That sound was Barnaby lightly hitting Kotetsu’s shoulder before starting his “My name is not…” speech.
- If the heroes were a family:
Mother: Sky High
Eldest daughter: Nathan
Eldest son: Barnaby
Second Daughter: Blue Rose
Youngest daughter: Dragon Kid
[There's actually a story like this in the first comic anthology though the family setting doesn't quite go like this (Kotetsu is the pet).]
- Good friends among the heroes
[This listing feels a bit funny, some fit 1st cour and some fit 2nd cour better. Or maybe it’s because Kotetsu & Barnaby don’t consider each other as friends as such but partners – but because Bunny hasn’t really made friends with the other heroes he has no choice but to mention Tiger here when asked. (He’s rarely seen interacting with them except occasionally in QUALITY gym.)]
Tiger → Bison
Bunny → If you push it, Tiger [don't be so tsun anymore, Bunny]
Blue Rose → Fire Emblem and Dragon Kid
Bison → Tiger [described as "timid, pessimistic" (弱気)]
Nathan → Rose and Dragon Kid
Sky High → “Everyone is a friend! But John is my Soulmate!”
Dragon Kid → Nathan and Rose
Origami Cyclone → Dragon Kid
- Likes and dislikes
Likes: fried rice, hot dogs, Legend cola, pizza
Dislikes: Sorry, nothing.
Likes: beef stroganoff, cabbage rolls
Dislikes: Nothing, can eat anything.
Likes: sushi, especially with prawns
Dislikes: raw tomatoes
Dislikes: doesn’t like sweet things very much
Likes: curry (eats it every morning)
Dislikes: sweet and sour pork, pizza with pineapple, though likes pineapples by themselves
Likes: miso soup
Dislikes: raw food
Likes: can eat anything
- Ouroboros is impossible to destroy and even Heroes can’t do much about it.
- Ouroboros wasn’t meant to be fully uncovered; it’s just as in real life there are plenty murky deals and unspoken agreements.
- Ozaki wants to do more as soon as possible. He wants to do character-centric stuff.
- Tamura doesn’t want to let T&B end with just 25 episodes.
- Both Matsui and Tamura say they had Hirata in mind for Kotetsu’s role while planning the scenario.
- Tamura says they were going for Western movie and foreign drama style.
- Relationship charts (Kotetsu&Barnaby not included):
Crush –> Kotetsu
Rival –> Barnaby
Girlfriend –> Nathan
Woman she aspires to be –> Agnes
A good person, but… –> Keith
Can’t leave alone –> Ivan
Adult relationship?! –> Nathan
Sets him straight –> Kotetsu
An important friend –> Barnaby
Well-matched? –> Karina
Aspires to be? –> Kotetsu
Ying and yang –> Keith
Kouhai and sempai –> Barnaby
Same generation –> Pao-lin
Kissing partner?! –> Nathan
Known for 10 years –> Kotetsu
Friend who understands him –> Nathan
Friend’s daughter –> Kaede
Friend’s partner –> Barnaby
A good example –> Keith
Good girlfriend –> Agnes
Out of range –> Saito-san
Fellow company owner –> Maverick
Opposite heroine –> Karina
Father and daughter –> Kotetsu
A gentle gaze –> Nathan
Unusual/Curious…? –> Barnaby
Good partner –> Natasha
Again, thanks to translatorbros for translating.
- Translated by YoukoFujima: